Mortgage Help

Mortgage Assistance Options

Greenway Mortgage works with its borrowers who are in need of mortgage assistance to try to find options that are right for you. Options that may be available to borrowers who are unable to afford their mortgage payments and who wish to avoid foreclosure, include:

  • Repayment Plan
  • Forbearance Plan
  • Modification
  • Pre-foreclosure Sale
  • Deed-in-Lieu of Foreclosure

Required Documentation

Borrowers should be prepared to collect the following financial documents and present them when discussing options for avoiding foreclosure:

  • Completed, signed and dated Mortgage Assistance Application.
  • Proof of income as listed in section 4 of the Mortgage Assistance Application.
  • Copies of bills or receipts of additional living expenses listed in section 6b of the Mortgage Assistance Application.
  • Signed and dated 4506-T EZ and most recent, signed, dated and completed tax returns. *If required by investor.
  • Copy of previous year’s W-2 form.

Please note that this list of documents is not all-inclusive. We may request additional documentation from you upon reviewing your Mortgage Assistance Application.

Applying for Mortgage Assistance
  • In order to get started download our  Mortgage Assistance Application Package. If you do not have access to a printer and would like a Mortgage Assistance Application Package delivered to you, please contact our Loss Mitigation Department at (877) 392-6802.
  • Please follow each step carefully and read the Uniform Borrower Assistance form in its entirety. To avoid delays in review and processing, please provide accurate information and all requested supporting documentation.
  • Return the Mortgage Assistance Application Package and all supporting documentation via mail, fax, or email
  • Upon receipt of your submission, our Loss Mitigation team will review your Application carefully and work to help find a solution that you qualify for. We will contact you if there is any further information required.

To submit the Mortgage Assistance Application via email:
  • Title the subject line with the first and last name of the borrower(s).
  • Provide the loan number and current contact information in the body of the email.
  • Attach the completed Mortgage Assistance Application Package.
  • Send the email to [email protected]

Note: In order to protect your sensitive information, we encourage you to send your information to us via encrypted email, or in the alternative, to fax or mail the information to us.

To submit the Mortgage Assistance Application via fax:
  • Indicate the first and last name, contact information, and number of pages on the cover sheet.
  • Attach the completed Mortgage Assistance Application Package.
  • Address the fax to Loss Mitigation Dept.
  • Send to (888) 292-5541

Important: Review the fax confirmation to verify all pages were successfully sent.

To submit the Mortgage Assistance Application via mail:
  • Send the completed Mortgage Assistance Application Package to:

Greenway Mortgage

Attention: Loss Mitigation Dept.

500 S Broad Street, Suite 100A

Meriden, CT 06450

Loss Mitigation Document Review
  • A highly-trained Loss Mitigation Specialist will review all documentation provided by our customer or authorized third-party. The Loss Mitigation Specialist will review all documents submitted and validate all documents have been returned. The Loss Mitigation Specialist will notify you if any documents are missing.
  • Once they have determined all required documents have been received, they will order the necessary property valuations and escrow analysis. This step typically takes 10-15 days to finalize.
  • Once all orders have been returned, a specialized mortgage underwriter will review all relevant income and expense documentation to determine the best workout option our borrowers qualify for; either to assist in bringing their loan current while obtaining an affordable payment or liquidating the property through a short sale or with a deed in lieu of foreclosure.
  • Once the best available workout options have been approved, your Loss Mitigation Specialist will contact you by phone and by mail with all necessary details.

Check the Status of your Submission
  • Attention Housing Counselors! To check the status of a borrower's loan modification, or to otherwise communicate with Greenway Mortgage regarding the status of a borrower's account, please email us at [email protected].
  • You may check the status of your submission online if you are a registered user of Greenway Mortgage Borrower Portal at
    • You may create an account by clicking on the Register link above and following the instructions.
    • Once registered, click the Loan Details icon, in the dropdown. You will see an action titled Loss Mitigation – select this option. This option will be available to you once all required documentation has been received.
  • If you do not wish to register, need help, have additional questions or concerns, please contact our Loss Mitigation Department at (877) 392-6802.

Contact Us
  • You may contact our Loss Mitigation Department toll-free at (877) 392-6802 to discuss your options.

HUD Counseling Notice
  • If your loan is delinquent, you may be entitled to receive homeownership counseling from an agency approved by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). A list of the HUD-approved, non-profit homeownership counseling agencies may be downloaded from the internet at, by calling the HUD toll-free number at (800) 569-4287, or by calling HOPE NOW toll-free at (888) 995-4673. For Text Telephone (TTY) service, contact the Federal Information Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.
    • Get Help Today! Experts from HUD-approved housing counseling agencies work in your best interest at no cost to you:
    • For more information about available programs and guidance on your options, call (888) 995-HOPE (4673). Call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year for help in more than 170 languages
    • For foreclosure prevention counseling, contact a HUD-approved housing counseling agency in a city near you by visiting
  • For help completing and submitting your application for mortgage assistance, contact one of the agencies participating in the National Foreclosure Mitigation Counseling (NFMC) program.